Sunday 2 December 2012

Stillness



Right now I’m in a season of stillness. To me and to the world my life seems hidden.  This means that when I pray for my family or myself I don’t see any fruit. God is silent, not in a way that He is ignoring me but silence, to allow me to grow in my faithfulness. It’s very hard and I struggle, not everyday but some days… I get discouraged.
Everyone around me is flourishing while my spiritual life appears dead. I’m left thinking did I offend God? Maybe I prayed for something I shouldn’t have.  I press in and seek His face and I’m still not hearing Him.
But you know what? I may get discouraged, yet I don’t stay discouraged. I continue to seek His face, His Word, His heart and stay faithful in this season of stillness. Why? Because I think about how far He’s brought me and not how far I need to go.
Once this season is over, His promise will breakthrough like sunshine on a gray cloudy day. It will give way to new life.
Paul tells us, our troubles are light and momentary and are in fact achieving for us an eternal glory that outweighs them all. Is this not encouraging enough to continue to press in?
In our human thinking we think we should not be faithful because there is nothing to be faithful for because our circumstances do not appear good. However, from God’s perspective you can be faithful and need to be faithful, because He is in charge and is working things out behind closed doors for His purposes.
‘As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts and your thoughts.’
Isaiah 55:9
 This is the scripture I’ve been meditating on; 
That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.
2Cor 4:16-18
Will you continue to press in with me? Seek Him, who is the author and finisher of our faith?

Let’s allow God to work so we can come into full bloom! Xoxo!

Women After God

No comments:

Post a Comment