Sunday 2 December 2012

Imagine me



I am sitting on the train from Los Angeles to San Diego as I pull out my phone and begin to type.

My mind's trying to soak in the reality that I'm finally in the US!

For a very long time, I'd always wanted to live in this country. I spent endless hours dreaming about the man I'd marry and life I'd have here.

A little or even much was influenced by what was seen on TV but those were my dreams, I suppose.

So I went ahead and challenged my father. I applied for a US visa and was granted up to five years which I never got to use. Only to end up in Australia instead.

As I type, I can't help but think that it's funny how life turns out.

I could only see what my human eye could; and see even further with eyes of faith.

And yet, God's plan for me was beyond these.

Imagine thirteen years ago if I had come to the US with nothing but my name to a five year visa, what would have become of the 'fairy tale' life I'd wanted for myself?

Well, I'd never know but what I've learnt is that it's wonderful to wait on The Lord to prepare a banquet whilst, in the meantime, focusing my energies on other immediate pending matters.
 I've often heard, "God's timing is the best timing". It's true!

And yet, I find myself at war in heart about things not happening the way I want it to.

My accusing finger pointing at God when things do not happen the way I want them to. "Why didn't you send me to the US? Instead I came to Australia", I often said and cried over things I had no control over.

While I sit on the train, my husband’s hand locking with mine, his words permeating the space between us, he asks, "What would you like to eat or drink honey?"

It's in these moments that I realise just how shallow I have been especially as a Christian.

Surely the God we serve is bigger than my own limiting thoughts because no father would watch his child put her hands in fire and do nothing about it. Would he?

How childish have I been to want things to go MY WAY! Such lack of spiritual maturity to understand that only my maker knows best what He has designed me for.

Imagine me sitting here on the train ...finally in the US and with more to my name than just a five year visa.

To God be the glory!
Kapesa Singogo Smith-Chatterjee
MCOM, BSc, HDA, A+, MCP, TSIA

BE SMART, STAY BEAUTIFUL AND NEVER STOP BELIEVING IN THE ALMIGHTY...

No comments:

Post a Comment