Sunday 2 December 2012

Happy Birthday



As a twin I am guaranteed to never have my birthday forgotten. When we were younger my sister would wake me by bouncing on my bed - at five in the morning - and singing out a very bright and loud “Happy Birthday”.

As we grew older and moved out of home, it was a phone call with the same bright and loud “Happy Birthday”, again at five in the morning.
Now she has children, I can beat her with the phone call…payback! J

I cannot imagine a birthday passing without it being remembered by someone else.
The thought of it makes me feel so alone. If it’s ever happened to you…have a “Happy Birthday” from me.

What is even harder to imagine is if on your birthday, celebrations were planned, a feast was made, presents were bought and brightly wrapped…and you weren’t invited. Year after year; and you never get invited to your own birthday celebration.

I have a friend this has happened to. I never realised it. Every year I would be part of the crowd. I would be involved in the celebrations, eat the feast and unwrap the presents. It wasn’t my birthday, yet I got to do all the fun stuff…and I never invited Jesus.

It’s His birthday.

So this Christmas I’m taking the time to wake Him up at five in the morning with a very bright and loud…

HAPPPY BIRTHDAY

T P Hogan



No comments:

Post a Comment