Monday 3 December 2012

GOD MOMENTS ...



Ordinary Women, Writing for Ordinary Women
for an Extraordinary God

Throughout this year each of us has shared about times in our lives when we have become aware of ‘God Moments.’

Earlier this year I took over the role of editor. Little did I realise that God Moments was not only to be the title of our lead article, but as each issue has come together, conXion is God’s moment.

Each month my plan begins with the front cover, check the date claimers and look for potential fillers as I call them. Then our writers start to email their articles. We now have 14 amazing writers, who don’t necessarily write each month so I never quite know what will land. Somewhat nerve racking but all very exciting because I have learned God is in control.

About into my second month I was approached by a friend who offered to be a proof reader. Wow! That was amazing as proof reading is not my forte and anyway you can never have enough proof readers! Those typos just sneak up on us! God Moment, He sent me a lady who has taken an interest and is supporting the work of conXion.

Writers. How have I managed to find so many? I still pinch myself, another one of God’s incredible Moments. As I have travelled to many women's gatherings, my conversation will inevitably come round to conXion. I ask “Would you care to share your story?“  ”Would you be interested in writing?”  And best of all, I have been asked, “I would love to write. Can I?” Each of our writers gives something really special from her heart; it’s her story of her relationship with God.
   
In years past, many of our groups would send in something about what they have been or are doing, but as time has passed this has changed. Our CWFs have closed, women are having fellowship differently, and this has impacted on conXion. The upside is that while we don’t receive too many stories, we are asked to advertise what our ladies are doing, be it a women’s conference, or an afternoon tea. So we read about the happenings in our churches that are just done in a different way. Sometimes they're a whole series of God moments!

So, God has shown me His touch, not only on my life through conXion but on all our lives. The heart of conXion is ‘Ordinary women, writing for ordinary women for an extraordinary God’. We are blessed. So let’s honour our precious Lord by noticing and acknowledging His Moments in our lives, praising and thanking Him each day, because every day we receive a God Moment.

In His love
Andi
____________________________________________________________________







No comments:

Post a Comment