Saturday 1 December 2012

Saying good-bye to 2012



Another year has gone and we are almost at the silly season when everyone tries to take some kind of a break and have some fun. The years really march away from us as we grow older and I often look back to being a child again. I remember how my imagination would run wild about what Santa might bring this year or how we would go on holiday. It took forever for Christmas to come! My mother always made sure that we remembered why we celebrated this special time of the year and that the memories of that special night in Bethlehem were brought to the front of our minds.

I still love Christmas and to me it is even more important than birthdays. I know it isn’t really the time Christ was born and I know that Santa isn’t even a religious figure but rather a marketing tool developed by Coca Cola, but they all make this time so magical and I truly believe that even as we can celebrate the Queen’s birthday on different days, so Jesus would understand that we celebrate his life with us at this time. A time of a magical man who walked among us and showed us what true love was all about. Not the feeling of love but rather the acts of love for all humanity. He gave us the most precious gift of all time, everlasting life through him. The evergreen Christmas tree always reminds me of that.

I think of those families at this time that celebrate Christmas without remembering what it is all about and I pray that somehow the magic of this season will open their eyes and hearts to the love of our Lord Jesus.

SHED 19 AND HOPELINK
A MINISTRY OF GLADSTONE CHURCH OF CHRIST
HELPING A COMMUNITY HEAL – GROW – SUCCEED, ONE LIFE AT A TIME.


No comments:

Post a Comment