Saturday 27 October 2012

from the Editor’s Desk


On Saturday 8 September we held our first Gather and Connect, 25 ladies representing 6 churches gathered. After spending time in praise and worship we each shared where we were from and something about ourselves. Then the work began we sat in groups writing on giant post-its answering questions on different topics. Topics on where each stood on a personal level, within their Church and also Conference.  There was much conversation and frantic writing as each table addressed the questions presented, much to my delight we were mostly on the same page. I am not sure if there are any answers that will tell us how to do it but the day showed that women need women that women want to gather to have those times where women can share. As I have often written when women gather even when they are two strangers within a very short time they are able to share much from their heart. I hope next year to have more Gather and Connect days as those who came intimated that it would be encouraging to bring together the women from different cluster groups/areas to share and compare. As I go through the post-its I will bring more about what was shared.


I am excited conXion now has a blog site www.conxionmagazine.blogspot.com big thank you to Renee Shibuya. So you can now access conXion whenever you like, look at past editions, link to some of our writers’ blogs and also link to Churches of Christ website. I encourage each of you to take a look and please feel free to comment, feed-back is the best tool we have.
Also the more who look at it the more popular it will become.

Girls’ Getaway – Registrations are rolling in fast for our sea-scape so don’t delay register today. We have posted Girls’ Getaway on facebook so for those who facebook search and share this event, please. Remember this weekend is a time to gather and share with each other in God’s word, make new friends and catch up with old ones. The music team are preparing their program for the weekend and I assure you there will be plenty of surprises, you will not be disappointed.

Camp Koojarewon – Plans have begun. Camp will be held on 16 – 18 March 2013, their theme is ‘Cling to the Vine’ and their guest speaker will be Donna Savill from Bundaberg Church of Christ. This camp is our tree-scape, held in Highfields, Toowoomba. Koojarewon is set amongst the gum trees and is a stunning setting. So put this weekend in your calendar for 2013.

This month’s edition is the largest we have had for quite a while. We have a new writer T P Hogan who I hope you enjoy what she has to share, as I visit and go to different events our churches hold I of course meet different women and when I say we are always looking for new writers and when I am replied with “I would love to write for you”, my heart sings. T P Hogan was just one of those women so welcome to conXion T P Hogan (Tania). May I encourage all those who love to write we welcome your stories, your advertisements for events you are holding as conXion is read by at least 3000 – 4000 women and I believe it’s growing, our readers want you!!

Andi Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment