Friday 5 October 2012

Oh God, Please Make Me Worthy



“Can you write for me?”  An intense, serious young face looked into my eyes and as I nodded a tiny piece of scrap paper and pencil were thrust before me. “Ok,” I said, “What do you want me to write?”
“What did the big chimney say to the little chimney?”
“Oh! It’s a riddle?”
“No,” Came the reply in a tone that says, you really don’t know too much.
“Ok, it’s a joke?” 
“Yes!”
“What’s the answer?” I asked.
“You’re too young to smoke.”
I began to chuckle as I wrote down the punch line. “Where did you hear that?” I asked.
“I didn’t hear it. I made it up.”  (Well, I thought to myself, you recalled it as I have heard this before…but…let’s not argue!)
Job done my Prep returned to play.

The world of Prep can at times be confronting.  What you see is what you get!  Each child is a sponge, soaking up what they hear and see wherever they are. They are still new and fresh individuals on this earth and take their cues for valuing information from those they spend time with – parents and family first and then us at school. Before God, the responsibility to ensure our precious gifts from Him grow to know and love Him is a great undertaking. We are sowers planting seeds continually in the lives of our young.  Matthew 18:6 is one of Jesus’ statements in scripture I take VERY seriously. “But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in and acknowledge and cleave to Me to stumble and sin-that is who entices him or hinders him in right conduct or thought-it would be better (more expedient and profitable or advantageous) for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be sunk in the depth of the sea. (Amp)
God’s world is vast, beautiful and interesting. His Word is truth and a firm foundation for young lives to begin their life long journey. It’s always a privilege to be chosen of Him to be a part of the plan to teach and share Jesus, His plan of salvation and all the wonderful things we have to enjoy and learn about in this world God has given us.

 Psalm 1:1-3 reads “Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
But his delight
is in the law of the Lord and in His law he meditates day and night.
He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither and whatever he does shall prosper.” (NKJV)
We all belong to a family – our own family, our church family. Some of us belong also to a school family. Remember little eyes are watching and little ears are listening. They just want to be like you!
Oh God, please make me worthy!
Walk A Little Slower Christian
"Please walk slower, Christian"
said a child so small.
"I'm walking in your footsteps,
And I don't want to fall.
Sometimes your steps are very fast,
Sometimes they're hard to see;
So walk a little slower, Christian
For you are leading me.
Someday when I'm all grown up,
You're what I want to be;
Then I will have a little child
Who'll want to follow me.
And I would want to lead just right,
And know that I was true,
So walk a little slower, Christian
For I must follow you."

“Train a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not turn from it.” (NIV) 
Proverbs 22:6
What a wonderful promise, what a serious command.

Debi Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment