Saturday 4 August 2012

PATTERNS… IN HIS PATTERN


Humility… Thinking of patterns and humility I thought of Jesus and his humility in his pattern of life all those years ago…

My teaching is not my own. It comes from Him who sent me…
John 7: 16

Jesus didn’t seek glory for himself, and he didn’t teach his own ideas, Jesus did only what the Father commanded as he sought to bring glory to God.  He followed God’s pattern for His life as short as it was.

In His teachings He taught how to live a humble life. As creatures created by God we should strive to glorify God and praise him in our everyday pattern of life.  As we continue along life’s journey we may as individuals see or experience different creations but there are none greater than God’s creations…
  

Reflecting on this and thinking of other patterns and the gift of creativity I thought of my eldest daughter who is a beautiful knitter. Living outside Wollongong in NSW where it is very cold, up in the mountains she spends a great deal of her time knitting sometimes working from a pattern but most times making up her own. She has made me very eye catching garments and even a knitted bedspread!! And each time I wear these pieces so many people stop and ask me about them… “What beautiful patterns, so much work and colouring.”

  
The finished product has done nothing worthy of praise it is simply one of my daughters creations. Each time I wear these garments that are admired I give thanks to God for the gift of creativity that He has bestowed on her, and so it is with us, in the pattern of life, God created us… He made each of us differently. Any praise we receive should go to Him.

Humility is for us to acknowledge that anything good comes from God.
For me, I have learnt to have more humility this year than last year; I have learnt to have more patience in the dark and trying times.

In the New Testament ‘humility’ is shown to be personal dependence on God and respect for other people.

We need to show humility, as we interact with people who may come into our lives as we travel through the pattern of our lives.

Elaine Hales

No comments:

Post a Comment