Wednesday 1 August 2012

Loneliness is not a Sin


Did you know that being lonely is not a sin? You will go through seasons of loneliness. Everyone does. When you start isolating yourself then it becomes and issue.

Whoever isolates himself seeks his own desire; he breaks out against all sound judgement.
Proverbs 18:1

If you find yourself in this season for whatever reason seek God and encourage yourself in the Lord. David did this! How? I’ll tell you how in a minute. First, I want to share this excerpt with you.

God brings moments into our lives when we have to stand alone in difficulty and testing. God will even blind the eyes and deafen the ears of our closest friends in moments so we can learn to minister to ourselves. Bil Johnson

There have been many times I’ve relied on my husband, friends family for my emotional needs and if they weren’t around I would be hurt. Learning tominister and encourage myself was  a challenge. It’s just you and God! It wasn’t until I realized that I had nothing, no one else but God that I could count on. You don’t realize God is all you need until you see that He is all you have.

Strengthening yourself in the Lord

I have stored up your word in my heart that I might not sin against you  -  I meditate on the WORD of God day and night. I speak them aloud so it gets into my SOUL. Here are a few that I use.

The Lord’s eye is upon me because I fear Him, I wait for Him and hope in His mercy and loving kindness. Psalm 33:18

Hope deferred makes my heart sick, but when my desire is fulfilled, it is the tree of life.
Proverbs 13:12

Everything that was written in the past was written to teach me that through endurance and the encouragement of Scriptures I might have hope. Romans 15:4

But his delight in in the law of the Lord. And in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water. That brings forth its fruit in its season. Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper. Psalm 1:2

So faith comes from hearing and hearing by the word of GOD

I always have cd’s/dvd’s nearby. In the car and at home. It is on constantly running in the background. While busy tending to other things, my mind is constantly getting fed as well as my inner man without being aware of it!

Meet with friends, family, mentors, pastors

Talk, hang our, tell them what you're going through and would like prayers, this way they know how to pray for you. Don’t isolate

And let us consider how to stir up on another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. Hebrews 10:25

Prayer

Connect to God through prayer. As I reached out to Him, He supplied to me joy overflowing. He nurtured me and loved me all the way through that lonely season. Staying connected with God is vital. You can’t afford to be without Him. It’s too big of a risk.

Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8

I pray that in this season you will reach out to God allow His love to permeate you. He wil do a mighty work in you. Enjoy it for it is a season. It may be a long seadon or a short one, depending on our attitudes. Know that you are never alone. I’ve been on this hourney before and spoken to many friends who knew what I was feeling. In some weird odd way it gave me a sense of comfort and some reassurance. The enemy wants to make us feel alone, insecure and ashamed, don’t give in!

God’s love to all
Anonymous


No comments:

Post a Comment