Friday 20 July 2012

From the Editor's desk


Greetings

Well I am still enjoying putting together this small magazine!! I have been challenged by why conXion? What is it’s purpose? Who enjoys receiving and reading it? 

 My conclusion is this conXion is all about ordinary women writing for ordinary women serving an extraordinary God, this is the heart of conXion.

How long it’s been running I really don’t know, all I know it started from humble beginnings, it was a newsletter keeping the women of Queensland in touch with each other. In those days computers didn’t exist and as for the internet I imagine it was someone’s pipe dream, we have come far.

I am delighted that we have Karen Kirby back again writing for us, her stories from Dubai in the past have held great interest and following. I am always looking for new writers to share their story, you don't need a degree just the passion for women and writing into their lives. When I first became a member of WMT and Jeannie Rosendale was the editor I used to think well conXion that’s not for me, reading it no problem, writing forget it. Well God has other ideas didn’t He . I don’t believe I am the best of writers but He gives me all I need, an extraordinary God. During the next few months we will be introducing those who are giving us such amazing articles.
  
July is becoming a busy month so how about becoming  part of Women’s Ministry Month by supporting the various events that are happening throughout our State such as a Women’s Conference to High Tea I encourage each of you if you can to attend one of these events to do so, remember each of them is being held especially for those of you who attend and as I personally know, when others from other Churches come to an event my Church holds, my heart sings.

I leave you with these words:

“May today there be peace within. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith. May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be confident knowing you are a child of God. Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us.”
~ Teresa of Avila

In His love
Andi Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment