Tuesday 17 July 2012

Seeing the world through different eyes



“Give me your eyes for just one second, give me your eyes so I can see, everything that I’ve been missing, give me love for humanity”, these are the words to another song I love and pray each time I hear it but I never realised how dangerous that prayer was until just recently.

Over the last few weeks I have experienced emotional pain and seen things in a way I think I never really wanted to. I have had to face the world through the eyes of someone who has almost never experienced happiness, never experienced real peace or even lived in love. I have entered a place of darkness and it is not pretty.
My thoughts run wild as I think about our pain and how God must see things. If it took only one person to take me to this place through their pain then I shudder to think what it would be like if God really were to open my eyes to every person’s pain. Would I cope? Would I really want to know? What would I do if I could see all these things? How would my world change?

I came from a country where really bad things happen and I have often conveyed the stories to people here who wonder how we lived that way and yet I see things here and I stand in awe wondering how people survive some of the heartache they need to face.

My Mum asked me once, if I had an opportunity to throw all my worst problems in a bucket along with other peoples and draw out someone else’s, would I want to do that?

I know that my answer is a resounding NO! I thank God for what has come my way, for strength to face it and the wisdom I have obtained through overcoming it.


Shed 19 and Hope Link
A Ministry of Gladstone Church of Christ


HELPING A COMMUNITY HEAL – GROW – SUCCEED, ONE LIFE AT A TIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment