Sunday 15 July 2012

Seasons in My Life


As a woman, we often find ourselves talking about seasons of our lives.  I find myself approaching a new season of change in my work as I move on from working as admin support for Jan Christensen Global Mission Partners Qld Mobiliser.

It has been a journey of learning, a seasons of working with a mission organisation where I previously had no heart or knowledge.  What a growing experience!  I am grateful for the opportunity to have added my skills to a team, to release others to do what they do best. But I also find myself reflecting on the myriad of ways that I can continue, allowing God to grow a mission heart, now my direction is changing at work.

I know that not everyone can jump on plane (not something that I can see myself doing straight away!) but there are other ways to be involved.

I can pray for our partners – News is updated on the In Partnership website
I can give – There are church development projects, aid program and child sponsorships
I can support short term teams that go
I can facebook and keep up to date
I can collect stamps (How hard is it to save the stamps that come through my way?)
Encourage our visiting partners – come listen to their journey when they visit
What about if I join a mission action group

In fact I really have to find an implausible excuse not to keep involved and growing.

And maybe, I could go … but that’s another story

Can I encourage you to find where you can be involved, it can be big or small, just suit the season of your life.

Serving in Christ’s Love
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment