Thursday 19 July 2012

God Moments


 Thinking on God MomentsI thought of the choices of change in one’s life.

But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles.  They will run and not grow weary they will walk and not be faint.
                                            Isaiah 40 : 31 

I have at times had certain moments I wished I could have changed… Change is a natural part of life.  At times we may be prisoners of old habits – good and bad. When it comes to change we have a decision to make… just like the Eagle…

I recently read how the eagle has the longest life span among birds.  It can live up to 70yrs, but to reach this age, the eagle has to make a hard decision.  In it’s 40’s the eagle’s long and flexible talons can no longer grab prey, which serves as food.  It’s long and sharp beak becomes bent and it’s old and heavy wings covered with feathers that have grown thick over the years, become thick and stuck to it’s chest, making it difficult to fly.
The eagle is then left with two options, die or go through a painful process of change, which lasts 150 days.  The difficult process requires the eagle to fly to a mountain top and sit on it’s nest.  There the eagle knocks it’s beak against a rock until the beak falls off.  The eagle will then wait for the new beak to grow back and use the new beak to pluck out it’s talons.  When the new talons grow back, the eagle starts plucking out all the old feathers.  After 5 months the eagle takes a famous flight of rebirth and lives another 30yrs.

But for us humans,  changes that we may make aren’t as painful and  may come in “God Moments” with God asking us to step out in faith and make  changes in your day to day life.
Perhaps making room to try something new.
This year, in a God Moment,  I have stepped outside my comfort zone to write for Conxion each month, and as each month goes by and with God’s help I found  I can do this…
We don’t have to be afraid of the unknown…. God waits for us to take that first step.
Faith is a step by step process  just like it was for the eagle step by step.
Writing on “Patterns of life” I thought at the time was a huge step for me to take let alone writing on “God Moments” when it was my turn  and I thought at the time “God how can I do this?” but faith in God has shown me anything is possible through Him… Then opening my Bible this week another “God Moment” this verse stared up at me!!

Live one day at a time, our lives can sometimes be filled with fear. We worry about the future and lose confidence. Jesus says to take one day at a time.
Matthew 6 :33 – 34
Our God is an awesome God! Listen for “God Moments”
Incidentally, “One day at a time” had already been chosen for our Luther Heights Camp
later this year some months ago!!! How amazing is that!!!
Elaine Hales

No comments:

Post a Comment