Monday 19 November 2012

Walking with Farmers


Dancing to the Beat of His Heart

I was invited to share about ‘Walking with Farmers’ in a country town last week, which was a joy. On arrival I walked into the venue which was where the senior citizens meet each week and I thought I must have been in the wrong place, as they were singing old time hymns, played on a piano by the president. Bearing in mind they were a secular group, I did not expect to hear this. I was quick to tell them that I was overjoyed to hear this and could listen to this singing for a long time. It really made my day and my heart was dancing to the beat of His heart. They reminded me why I was there – it was to share with them.

There were tears as folk recalled a past of struggles on the land in earlier years. Also in groups such as these there are those who do not realise the hardships on the farms are shocked to hear that everyday items are a luxury out there, e.g. wash-up brushes, tea-towels and tissues. Word of mouth generally helps to make folk aware of needs and then we receive donations either goods or finance. I always keep in mind that God knows the needs and He will provide. Sometimes I get anxious and pray to God in my impatience, just to remind Him that I am going on a trip soon. Then He reminds me that He knows in advance and has it all under control. Take a look at 1Peter 5:7 & Matthew 7:8.

Trust an unknown future to an all knowing God. Then rest in the assurance of His promises. What a comfort.


Come on then let’s Dance to the Beat of His Heart…




Priscilla Gaston




No comments:

Post a Comment