Wednesday 21 November 2012

Prayer


Prayer Page…. Getting to know God


 ‘Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the centre of your life.’
Philippians 4:6-7 (the Message)


I have a plaque in my home that says, ‘To see the Creation, is to know the Creator’. How true it is, when we REALLY SEE what God has created for us. We look at the trees and marvel at how tall and straight they grow… look at the different shades of green, see the myriad colours in the flowers. If we read Psalm 104 we see just a few of the glories of God’s creation that we should worship and praise Him for.

I was fortunate to be brought up in a Christian home and occasionally I sit and think back over my life and thank God for the Christians who in any way helped me in my Christian walk. I thank God for my parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, brothers and sisters, for my Sunday school teachers, youth group leaders, choir members and ministers, all of whom had a part in steering me in the right direction. Many of them have passed on now to a better life, but I still praise God for letting them be an influence on my life. Then as I got older I became a Sunday school teacher, a wife and mother, an auxiliary worker in Girls Brigade, served as treasurer in many women’s ministries and touched lives in many Churches. I thank and praise God for each person whose life I have been able to touch, and fervently pray that I have been able to love each one as He has loved me. 

I thank God for the times shared with other Christians, times of joy and sadness. Times when we have shared through sickness and tragedies, times when we have had meals together, times when we have travelled together, when we have prayed together, and especially for the cards and letters of encouragement. Our God is so good. He knows our every need before we do and He always supplies (sometimes before we have even thought to ask Him).
  
The telephone can be a good means of reaching others when we are unable to visit them. About 7 years ago, soon after I had moved to the Gold Coast, I received a phone call from a man I had only met about 12 months previously. He told me his wife was in hospital with a recurrence of cancer and asked if I would pray for her, as he knew I was a praying lady. Before I hung up I prayed for them over the phone. He was very silent, and took a while to say goodbye. A few days later when I phoned to see how his wife was, he thanked me for praying, and said “You blew me right away with your prayer over the phone”. It just shows that what comes naturally to us as Christians can mean so much to others.

Evelyn Colbran
  ______________________________________________________________






 Prayer Points:

· Thank Him for the freedom we have in this land.
· Pray that we will continue to have religious freedom here and that religious instruction can continue in our schools and for those who teach RE.
· Pray for our Chaplains as they serve in our schools
· Pray for Centrifuge and our  Annual General Meeting
· Pray for the following churches within our movement

Hervey Bay  Highfields Hume Ridge Kingaroy Kingsthorpe Lakeshore Leichhardt





No comments:

Post a Comment