Monday 10 September 2012

God Moments...


I will extol the Lord at all times; His praise will always be on my lips.’
Psalm 34:1

Praising God helps you see that God is bigger than your problems, your focus changes! Instead of dwelling on the problem and getting discouraged, your faith is released and you begin looking to God for solutions.

Praise is not a ‘Church thing’ – it’s a lifestyle! It’ll change your … approach to problems … your attitude toward people… and the atmosphere around you.

You will find more ‘God Moments’ happening to you.

I have had so many ‘God Moments’ in my life, and have often spoken about them. Sometimes receiving an unexpected book that had a special meaning in my life; many times obeying His soft whisper and visiting someone I would not see again on this earth; or at other times of being in imminent danger, but listening to His voice and took another direction; praying intently for someone and that person phoning later to say those prayers have been answered.
 The Prayer of Francis of Assisi

Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is sadness, joy; where there is darkness, light.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; not so much to be understood, as to understand; not so much to be loved, as to love. For it is in giving that we receive, it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, it is in dying, that we are born again to eternal life.

In October, 1974, I went through one of the lowest points in my life, and my Christian Doctor gave me Alan Paton’s book ‘Instrument of Thy Peace’ and this prayer in it meant so much to me.

Make me, O Lord, the instrument of Thy love, that I may bring comfort to those who sorrow and joy to those who are regarded as persons of little account. In this country of many races make me courteous to those who are humble and understanding to those who are resentful. Teach me what I should be to the arrogant and cruel, for I do not know.

And as for me myself, make me more joyful than I am, especially if this is needed for the sake of others. Let me remember my many experiences of joy and thankfulness, especially those that endure. And may I this coming day do some work of peace for Thee.

Evelyn Colbran


No comments:

Post a Comment