Monday 10 September 2012

facebook…

My inspiration for today's post came from a message shared on the reason that someone chose to close their facebook account. The reason was that there are too many lies and fake people on facebook. 

I have also heard reasons like facebook is ...boring, childish, a thing of the past, overrated etc. I am sure you have heard them all before.

Whatever the reasons are, when people update their posts it's up to the person reading it to choose how they interpret that message.

I understand that there are a lot of 'hypocrites' who update their status with prayers and bible verses but I also know that those same posts ENCOURAGE someone out there.

Until you go through a very tough time in life, you will never understand to what extent a person can go looking for answers to a problem; and you will be amazed at what a post on facebook can do to change the life or thought process of that troubled person reading it.

I guess when people choose to leave facebook based on hypocrisy, it's their prerogative. If people choose to brag about their life too that's their choice! I don’t see any rules on either one.

Though I can’t help but question what exactly would you have them write about? How miserable life is? Will you be relieved to know that you are not the only person who has experienced such a thing? Or that their issues actually make you feel better about your own life?

I know that that isn’t the point. Some of these people preach about things they don’t do; brag about things they own when in fact in lots of debt or plain miserable!

Either way, there really isn't any winning now is there?

In 2011, I took a one year 'sabbatical' from facebook. It was too addictive and no productivity came from writing my book. So it had to give way!

My only regret was the decision to deactivate my account. When I returned I realised how long one year is; I had denied my audience the chance to experience this journey of writing with me, and then suddenly I came back and shovelled a book in their faces, LIKE this! ;)

I really wish someone had said to me that depending on what you post on it, facebook is a powerful tool.
  
When you start building your book, brand, business, product etc you need some form of credibility, access to a global market, gauge, education, inspiration, motivation …

Why not take advantage of the free technology that is already available? (Be cautious to read facebook policies).

The thing about life is that whatever it is that you choose there is always going to be positive and negative feedback! Despite this, somehow it will get your ‘brand name' out there.

I can write a book about this but I will retire with these words. Let's remember to create and build a spirit of empowerment amongst each other. When we criticise each other, it does nothing good for the human race.

No good has ever come out of concentrating on negativity! No growth came from isolation. So when the world is moving forward with technology, move with it.

Get connected or left behind.

Blog: kapesasingogo.wordpress.com
Twitter: @kapesasingogo



No comments:

Post a Comment