Sunday 17 June 2012

From the Editor's Desk


 Well this is my first edition as Editor of Conxion and I have thoroughly enjoyed putting it together finding pictures to enhance articles and generally playing with my creative side! Great fun.

It’s June! and we are half way through this year not sure how you our reader feels but I keep looking over my shoulder wondering what happened and where did it go!!! Gone it has and we are only half way through this year.

This morning I had to be up before dawn to take our Youth Leader Deb to Brisbane to see a neurosurgeon about her back, a challenging start to the day. So I am sitting in the coffee shop with my laptop writing my comments, not for one minute did I think I would be doing this today or any day for that matter but I am so glad I now own a laptop as I am able to take it with me and write to my heart’s content. As I sit here and observe people coming and going I realise how fortunate I am as I have good health and the only reason I come to a hospital is to bring or visit someone, I am blessed.

July is Women’s Ministry Month a time for us to uphold women, women in our church, women in our community, women in need, women as I sit in the hospital cafĂ©  who are being challenged by their health issues, women who live in countries where they are persecuted for their faith, who are being treated as second class citizens by their husbands and families just because they are a woman, so please take time this month to pray for women.
   
I encourage our churches to put some time aside to acknowledge and celebrate the women of their church and also women who aren’t as privileged as we are.

“Who can find a virtuous woman?
For her price is far above rubies.”
Proverbs 31:10.

As you will see by the advertisement in this month’s Conxion Bundaberg Church of Christ are holding their Conference again this year and it’s looking like it is going to be an awesome day. Pam Hine and Donna Savill will be sharing what God has laid on their hearts; the theme is ‘Love Unfailing’. Their guest artists are Renee Shibuya & Carolyn Gee from Living Hope Church of Christ Caboolture who will be leading the worship times and a young lady singer Claire Luttrell, so I encourage those who can to register for this most special day, which begins at 8am with breakfast and finishes with dinner at 5:30pm so you will be fed in more ways than one.

In His love
Andi Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment