Thursday 14 June 2012

A Lesson from my Iphone



Nokia, how I loved you,
when I didn’t know there was more!
My Iphone supersedes you,
though it has one great flaw;

Providing so much extra service
Depletes its battery power,
So connection to the source
Is oft needed to empower

‘Tis not unlike myself I think;
Whether I’m at work or play
I’ll often thirst unless I drink
Deeply from His Word each day.

Like my uncharged Iphone I can’t
fulfil
My whole God-given purpose,
No matter just how ‘chilled’
I might appear on the surface . . .

Without that regular connection
Through fellowship, study and prayer,
To the Source of Perfection;
The One who really cares.

He is always there, His arms open wide,
With His ears finely attuned
To hear whatever I’ll confide;
His healing balm on offer to cover every wound.





He only requires that I be very still
And quietly fully focussed
To hear the direction of His Will
Allowing Him restore what was eaten
by the locust.

Sometimes He draws attention
To a branch that needs pruning
So I can follow His intention
Without weakness or swooning.
  
The fullness of my battery
Comes directly from God above,
Not from fickle earthly flattery
But from His Divine Love.

So let me keep that power cable
Plugged directly into my heart
So I never believe the fables
That could stray me off my path.

Sue Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment